1. Who is eligible for the Faith Formation Programs? All registered families of Holy Trinity parish.
2. What programs are available? We offer 3 choices of faith formation for families with children up to 6th grade: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS), GIFT, and Family Home Study. Seventh and 8th graders are invited to attend our Junior High Ministry.
3. When do I register? NOW! Please register by September 1st. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd classes fill quickly. The sooner your form is returned, the easier for us to prepare! Letters or e-mails will be sent to notify you of specific starting dates.
4. How do I register? Registration for the CGS program is done by downloading the form off the website, filling it out and then submitting it and payment to the church office. There are two ways to register your child(ren) for the GIFT program or Family Home Study programs. You can register your child either through filling out an online registration form and then paying through credit card/Paypal, OR downloading the registration form off the corresponding website page and submitting it with a check to the parish office. Hard copies for all programs can also be found in the parish office, the church lobby, and in the atrium.
If you choose to mai in a check, completed printed forms are to be returned along with payment to Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 9150 Pflumm, Lenexa, KS 66215. Make checks payable to: Holy Trinity Church. Include a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate if they plan to celebrate their First Reconciliation, Eucharist, or Confirmation. If you want to register online, we have PayPal online payment service available, so you can either pay with your PayPal account, or use one of four popular credit cards. There is a minimal fee charged for online registration / PayPal services.
5. What about sacraments? Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation each have a focused time of preparation in addition to regular religious formation programs. All programs are appropriate for those receiving sacraments. Indicate on the registration form which sacraments you would like your child or adolescent to prepare/receive. The Christian Formation office will contact you regarding Baptism. Information regarding Reconciliation or Confirmation will be mailed out in the late summer while information regarding First Communion is usually mailed in January.
6. What can I do to help? On the registration form are several specific opportunities available for anyone wishing to assist us. We appreciate all volunteer assistance and hope you find it enjoyable to spend time with the program.
7. How much will this cost? What if I can’t pay? The opportunity for continued faith formation is offered to all families and individuals regardless of their ability to pay. While fees had been constant for a number of years, increases were made last year at the request of the Parish Finance Council. Please contact us if our fees are a hardship for your family. To help offset the cost of materials and supplies, the suggested gift amounts are:
GIFT/CGS $90.00 for one child
$140.00 for two children
$170.00 for three or more children
Family Home Study $50.00 for one child
$65.00 for two children
$80.00 for three or more children
9. I'm confused!! Who can help explain this? For questions about GIFT, Family Home Study, or any of the sacraments, please call Kathleen Willis at 913-895-0607. For questions specific to Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) call Diane Olsen at 913-895-0662 or Jeanne Wichman at 895-0659. For questions specific to 7th or 8th grade, call Kris Walters at 895-0604.