1. Who is elibigle for the faith formation programs? All registered families of Holy Trinity parish.
2. What programs are available? We offer 3 choices of faith formation for families with children up to 6th grade: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS), Growing in Faith Together (GIFT), and Family Home Study. Seventh and 8th graders are invited to attend our Junior High Ministry.
3. When do I register?
For CGS: registration is available for a few weeks in the month of May and again mid-July until early September. Please watch the Bulletin and the Parish Website for announcements. CGS classes fill quickly. Letters will be sent to notify you of class placement and specific starting dates.
For GIFT and Family Home Study: registration can be done anytime on-line or in the parish office. Again, watch the bulletin and website for announcements when registrations are being accepted. Mid-July to early September is typical. The sooner your form is returned, the easier for us to prepare! Letters or e-mails will be sent to notify you of specific parent meetings and starting dates.
4. How do I register? For most programs, online registration is available, or registration forms may be downloaded and printed directly from the website. Copies may also be found in the parish office, in the church lobby, or in the atrium. Completed printed forms should be returned along with payment to Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 9150 Pflumm, Lenexa, KS 66215. Make checks payable to: Holy Trinity. Include a copy of your child's baptismal certificate if they plan to celebrate their First Reconciliation, Eucharist, or Confirmation. The appropriate fee for each program is listed on each registration form.
5. What about sacraments? Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation each have a focused time of preparation in addition to regular religious formation programs. All programs are appropriate for those receiving sacraments. Indicate on the registration form which sacraments you would like your child or adolescent to prepare/receive. The Christian Formation office will contact you regarding Baptism. Information regarding Reconciliation or Confirmation will be mailed out in the late summer while information regarding First Communion is usually mailed in January.
6. What can I do to help? On the registration form are several specific opportunities available for anyone wishing to assist us.
7. How much will this cost? What if I can’t pay? The opportunity for continued faith formation is offered to all families and individuals regardless of their ability to pay. While fees had been constant for a number of years, increases were made last year at the request of the parish finance council. Please contact us by phone if our fees are a hardship for your family. To help offset the cost of materials and supplies, the suggested gift amounts are:
GIFT/CGS* $90.00 for one child
$140.00 for two children
$170.00 for three or more children
Family Home Study $50.00 for one child
$65.00 for two children
$80.00 for three or more children
9. I'm confused!! Who can help explain this? For questions about GIFT, Family Home Study, or any of the sacraments for children, please call Kathleen Willis at 913-895-0607. For questions specific to CGS, call Diane Olsen at 913-895-0662 or Sandy Reynolds at 895-0659. For questions specific to 7th or 8th grade youth, call Kris Walters at 895-0604.